সমন্বিত ৮ ব্যাংক ও ২ আর্থিক প্রতিষ্ঠানের পরীক্ষার প্রশ্ন ও সমাধান দেখুন এখানে
Combined SO reading comprehension Solution:-
Raisins are dried grapes that have been eaten for thousands of years. Nearly 3,500 years ago, the first raisins were discovered as grapes that were drying in the sun on a vine. In medieval Europe, raisins were used as sweeteners, medicine, and even as a form of money!
In America, raisins were first grown after an 1873 heat wave in California destroyed its valuable grape crop, leaving only dried, wrinkly, but tasty grapes on the vines. Soon, farmers began developing seedless grapes in California that were thin-skinned and sweet. These grapes would be purposely dried in the sun and became the popular dark raisin we eat and enjoy today. Later, a golden variety of raisin was made by treating grapes with a chemical called sulfur dioxide and using special methods to dry them.
Today, central California remains the center of the world’s raisin industry, producing nearly 95 percent of the world’s raisins. Its green valleys, sunny climate, and hot temperatures provide the perfect conditions for grapes that are dried into raisins.
01. Which of the following were raisins not used as?
A. medicine B. money
C. sweetener D. weapons
02. Golden raisins were discovered ______.
A. after dark raisins.
B. the passage doesn’t say.
C. before dark raisins.
D. at the same time as dark raisins.
3. What would be the best title for this passage?
A. The Discovery of the Golden Raisin
B. The Many Different Kinds of Raisins
C. A History of Raisins
D. Healthy Snacks
04. Which of the following has the same meaning as the word “variety” in the sentence below?
Later, a golden variety of raisin was made by treating grapes with a chemical called sulfur dioxide and using special methods to dry them.
A. type of B. sale
C. opposite of D. fruit
Answer: 1. D 2. A 3. C 4. A
Combined Senior Officer
English (Set A) With Explanation.
1) A brought up (লালন-পালন করা)
2) C Suite (Suit হচ্ছে Clothing related এবং Suite হচ্ছে Accommodation related. এইখানে SUITE হবে।
3) C Wish For
4) D Taken After (মানে হচ্ছে RESEMBLE)
Antonyms (5 to 8)
5) Acute তীক্ষ্ণ Opposite: Dull নিস্তেজ
6) Ornery রাগী/Difficult to understand Opposite: straight-forward. এইখানে, Complex হচ্ছে Synonym.
7) Voluntary ইচ্ছাকৃত Opposite: Compulsory
8) Affluence প্রাচুর্য Opposite: Poverty
Spelling (9 to 12)
9) C Efflorescence
10) B Adventitious
11) A Aberrant
12) D Capricious
Passage ( 13 to 16)
13) B Weapon (3rd লাইন এ আছে)
14) C After Dark Raisins (7th লাইন এ আছে)
15) A A History of Raisins (পুরা Passage এ Raisins এর History নিয়ে বলা হয়েছে)
16) D Type of (Variety মানে হচ্ছে প্রকারভেদ)